Do you guys also help with fixing laptops?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Depends what you need help with...

What are the symptoms ? If the backlight has failed then you should still be able to see a faint image on screen if you shine a torch at it.

Yes, like this started happening two days ago where the backlightning would not come on like it would blink on for a sec then no more. The rest of the laptop works fine. If i put a bright light to the screen you can see whats on the screen. I did some research and i suspect its some kind of lcd inverter.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Inverter is certainly favourite... shouldn't be much problem getting hold of one. Might even just be drys on it... you never know... but given its such a pain pulling them apart maybe best to replace unless you were 100% sure it was fixed.

Dismantling without marking and damaging the case is always the hardest part. I see brig001 has just posted a link too :)

Inverter is certainly favourite... shouldn't be much problem getting hold of one. Might even just be drys on it... you never know... but given its such a pain pulling them apart maybe best to replace unless you were 100% sure it was fixed.

Dismantling without marking and damaging the case is always the hardest part. I see brig001 has just posted a link too :)

No mine is not fixed at all. I just looked on the bay and saw some replacement inverters for cheap! But not to sure how to take them off as this would be my first time doing any like this! Ahhh:(

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Until you pull it apart you won't know and unless you actually test the inverter then you just have to take a chance and order and fit one.

If the invertor is receiving its supply and there is no high voltage output then its faulty.

inverters go out often, lamp failures and pinched lamp wires (that normally have high voltage on them, so be very careful around them) are also common. the inverter must be one made for the laptop you are repairing. "generic" (there really is no such thing) inverters may not fit properly in the case, might have different power and control connectors on them,or may have the wrong output voltage or output connectors on them. often a laptop or monitor manufacturer might use the same or a very similar inverter in various models.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.