Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Is Club Polk a cult?
Is Club Polk a cult?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th September 2010, 05:36 PM   #1
jcandy is offline jcandy  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Is Club Polk a cult?

I recently restored my uncle's Polk SDA2Bs, and started by going to Club Polk for some guidance. I got some important information there: crossover schematics, and well as some information about replacement drivers. After getting them up and running I posted measurements (which show a pretty uneven response in the crossover region) and now everybody is jumping all over me. I think the problem is that I am a bit critical of the speakers (they are not perfect after all) and have been rather skeptical of subjective comments about capacitors, crossover modifications, etc. Nobody could produce a single SPL trace to corroborate the claims of the soundstage "opening up after 200 hours", etc.

Has anyone else had a similar experience there?

I thought people would have been interested in seeing the SPL measurements!

[FYI] SDA2B SPL Measurements - Club Polk

Is Club Polk a cult?Hide this!Advertise here!