"Commercial" install in NP Building Material Store

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am helping a local non-profit known as Home Resource put in some sort of stereo.

The challenge is low budget, super low, like does not exist. It would be nice if there was a way to get donations from somewhere like PartsExpress, or whoever needs a tax write off, but... it might just be a check GoodWill and wait for stuff to arrive kind of deal. A few questions have come up

First is should we try to run signal or speaker wire long distance to different locations. Different amplifiers can be placed throughout the store. The idea being that somehow the sound level needs to be able to turned up or down in the area they are in.

Amps on location of speakers, long signal run?

Long speaker cables and something like an large potentiometer/L-pad/something on location to turn down volume?

I may end up, in order to feed multiple amplifiers, make the equivalent to the high level to low level input resistor cords people use for subwoofers amplifier inputs, so that one main amplifier will essentially be a pre-amp and be able to handle powering several amplifiers. That is instead of trying to feed multiple amps off of one source like an Ipod.

Anyone got any thoughts? So far there are some commercial in-ceiling speakers that have high QTS (like 2.00)we can use but I got a feeling they are not musical at all. They have transformers on them so I think they were just used for making announcements or something.

That stuff looks great but there is no way they can spend the money. The budget is like sub $100 at the moment. The place owes an awful lot of money for it's expensive move.

Do you think RCA signal could be ran easier if it was amplified like how I was talking about using the first amplifier as a pre-amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.