Blacksheep Braiding 101

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, so I've promoted Blacksheep Kable shamelessly for about the last week. It's sort of my job, but it's been fun. If you don't know, well in a nut shell we sell hand braided RCA interconnects, speaker cables, & AC power cords. I have been trying to find out if anyone has seen our style of braiding or has tried it. Pictures can be found in the Vendors Bazaar or Members Gallery. I don't know if anyone else has tried this braiding teqnique for cables.

Anyhow, the braiding style is not our invention. It's based on an anchient Japanese braiding method called "Kumihimo" or disc braiding. Blacksheep did a variation and came up with our own pattern. It's just one of millions of possible patterns.

If you google it, there are many good websites out there. There is even a template available for printing. Instead of buying one, just take a piece of thick cardboard and cut one out of that. Make the notches deep enough to hold the wires in place while you work. We use 10, you can use up to 16 with this style.

For more than 5 conductors, I highly recommend using multi-strand no thicker than 18AWG.

For less than 5 conductors, try some solid core.

Any questions?

Let me see what you come up with!

Frank

Ok, so I've promoted Blacksheep Kable shamelessly for about the last week. It's sort of my job, but it's been fun. If you don't know, well in a nut shell we sell hand braided RCA interconnects, speaker cables, & AC power cords. I have been trying to find out if anyone has seen our style of braiding or has tried it. Pictures can be found in the Vendors Bazaar or Members Gallery. I don't know if anyone else has tried this braiding teqnique for cables.

Anyhow, the braiding style is not our invention. It's based on an anchient Japanese braiding method called "Kumihimo" or disc braiding. Blacksheep did a variation and came up with our own pattern. It's just one of millions of possible patterns.

If you google it, there are many good websites out there. There is even a template available for printing. Instead of buying one, just take a piece of thick cardboard and cut one out of that. Make the notches deep enough to hold the wires in place while you work. We use 10, you can use up to 16 with this style.

For more than 5 conductors, I highly recommend using multi-strand no thicker than 18AWG.

For less than 5 conductors, try some solid core.

Any questions?

Let me see what you come up with!

Frank

Thats's many pieces of wire.:deer:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.