So now I have to worry about "dirty electricity"??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Never the less, even if there was such an (im)plausible mechanism, way too many different symptoms are attributed to NIR by "electrosensitives" for all of them to be caused by it. While probably not nearly all "electrosensitives" are hypochondriacs, I think that they do attribute their symptoms to the wrong cause, not unlike the beliefs in some cultures that illnesses are often caused by curses laid by evil witches and such.

All the symptoms mentioned in association with EMF noise sensitivity (tinnitus, nausea, facial irritation, dizziness, ... ) are consistent with those that have other brain sensitivities. It could be that some people are responding to something other the EMFs associated with using these electronic devices, and blaming EMFs. But who's to say, and might be solved by some double blind testing. But, I'm sure there symptoms are very real.

Assertion? You have a curious concept of proof and eras. The Soviet Union lasted 70 years? If their exposure guidelines remained static after 1917 then what you say makes sense but it's hardly to their credit.

You mistake the nature of forum correspondence and consequently presume my intention in error. I'm offering proof of nothing. The era is irrelevant and a red herring (sic) and I only answered your question the first time out of an innate sense of courtesy which, rest assured, you will not benefit from a second time.

w

This text was generated by a computer program...

SY on NPR

Hello SY,
Sy now that you are a nationally (NPR) recognized product safety expert I propose that you sponsor a south sea island experiment.
The experiment I propose is this an island with 50,000 people and no cell towers no wireless devices and no EMF radiation of any kind. This is the control group. Any volunteers?
There are plenty of self selected experimental group members with the microwave transmitter stuck up to their left temporal lobe.
As long as W R Grace does not report the data we will be safe.
DT
All just for fun!

Hi there: Does anyone know how a DIY evaluation of power line fluctuations (caused by CFL light bulbs) could be done? ...regards, Michael

Hello,
This link says a lot about CFL’s.
Ban Incandescent Lamps?
CFL’s in my mind as far as power goes are much like any other device with a high frequency switching supply. They are just like the power supply in your computer. They emit EMR. They put trash / distortion / harmonics on the power supplied.
Look up K rated transformers.
DT
All just for fun!

"Not-so-reliable sources. "

I think maybe some people have way to much faith in our scientific establishment to make a statement like that. Just because people are scientists does not make their public opinions scientific. If there is a danger with electromagnetic or electropotential radiation, I would bet there is a huge and very powerful interest to cover it up. Science has become political science in the universities. There is no shortage of scientists that will say that, even before climate gate, Al Gore and his melting polar bears.

There is nothing wrong with the scientific establishments. The problem is the media report the findings of studies with an assumption of relevance that the scientific establishment itself does not adhere to.

One study proves exactly nothing to the scientific establishment. That they raise a possibility is about as much as they will offer. Only when others test the results for repeatability do they garner any credibility. Even then, a series of confirming studies only make it more likely to be true, while a well crafted study that disproves it is proof that it is not true.

The media, on the other hand, treat every sole study on a new phenomena as a proven fact; as "news". About the best you could say about that is "it's not news yet".

When the normal procedure takes it's course and at some point later something is disproved, or perhaps the original results are tempered by some factor (we have seemingly endless cases of news stories over studies in health ... look at the studies that suggested you should substitute margarine for butter of the 1980's vs the results over time that eventually showed you should avoid trans fats of the 21st century) ... each result is consecutively reported as "news" which in the public's mind, trained by the media, tends to make science seem unreliable, when it's the epitome of reliability, as long as you don't jump to premature conclusions.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.