What happens to Off-Topic posts?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It is design feature of the Off Topic forum. New posts don't appear on a main list and you have to go there yourself to look for any updates. Since you decided to pursue the subject in this thread, I moved it to Everything Else forum and it is visible now. Also, if you think about a better title, let me know and I will change it for you.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Off Topic posts are exactly that, so in an attempt to keep the main part off the board more Audio related, they are not listed in the New posts section on the front page.

We chose this method so we could keep the Forums a little neater and more relevant, without being accused of cutting healthy debate amongst members, and as the page is not listed, people are less likely to stumble on it by accident and be offended or misled. We can also be a teeny weeny bit more liberal in moderating there;)

Thanks for the explanation guys. I think that some valid stuff is in that thread and could find a home in Everything Else under the title of "Designing Phred" or the "6181/inverted gainclone challenge". I'm open to other suggestions but it would be a shame to make this thread inconveniently accessable to the membership. It has a lot of potential vitality.

Peter Daniel

Why should this decision be based on Fred Dieckmann's involvement? There are many other members that would be equal to this task so don't limit its possibilities for one man. Yes it would be nice if he (Fred) would take this on but given his posts on the subject, I don't think it likely.

pinkmouse said:
Off Topic posts are exactly that

Ya know, I was kinda wondering about that... 'cuz... the general subject is audio, right? Well then what's this board (Everything Else) for? ;)

AFAIK it was created for the really off-topic things, especially the Bush-haters (I don't know why you'd want to do that though.. *gets mind out of gutter* :p ) and other political junk (can't remember the name of the one thread that's huge and nasty).

Tim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.