Interesting article..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Very interesting indeed. You know, there are now developments where scientists entertain the possibility that music developed before language developed, as a communications means, and that music became the agent to promote development of language.

I just got Daniel Levitin's latest book from Amazon, "The world in six songs". Can't wait to start to read it!
(His earlier book, "This is your brain on music" made him famous).

Jan Didden

This is why movie composers get the big bucks! They are the ones who tell us how to feel during a scene, not the actors or writers or directors. (I exagerate a little). Kubrick was a master at using music. He knew he could change the feeling of a scene completely with it. Clockwork Orange has some excellent examples.

A very good article!!!

Mostly analogue music moves me as it sounds so beautiful... When I am able to get a cassette w/o dolby filtering and its early enough to be analog,the sound to me is just so goregous!!!!!!

This digital crap out now doesnt do anything for me........ (Void and lifeless)

Thanx for sharing the article!!

Music has always been quite important to me. I half-joke with friends: "Without music I would die." There may be a sliver of truth to that after all! I've noticed that I sometimes get depressed if I can't/don't listen to music for an extended period (even just a few days).

Music makes the world go 'round,so build up your projects,and crank the tunes! :D :cool:

I spend much more time on my PC and listening to music than I do TV.
I have see it all on TV so it holds little interest now.
Some of the TV documentary channels take my interest but thats about it.
I find the TV news channel great for getting me off to sleep.

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
As smell and tast can transport you swiftly to memorylane, sound is just less basic.
How did protohumans communicate? Groaning, yelling, screaming. Harmonising it and we are back in our now. With all our preferences and interpretations.
Seeing was the last and very advanced indeed!
Just consider to know that our audio receptables inside are the size of a modest sugercube.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.