DIY "Teleportation Tweak" & "CLC"?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anybody tried to DIY the amazing "Teleportation Tweak" for your super expensive audio system?

Read more here: http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina60.htm

When I read about the "clever little clock" I was so excited I had to try it for myself! I ran to the hallway and hauled the big ol’ grandfather clock to the listening room perching it next to the turntable rack. The only time it seemed to work good was when I played Time from Pink Floyds Dark Side of the Moon LP at midnight sharp! I wasted my own time...

Read more here: http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina41.htm

Steerpike said:
"Customer should pay via Paypal or check/MO (payable to Geoff Kait) prior to calling Machina Dynamica via landline or cell phone"

Which reminds me of the courtroom in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland... "sentence first, verdict after"

The Teleportation Tweak used to have a money-back guarantee. There's an amusing history behind how the guarantee was removed from the Teleportation Tweak. Over at a forum called Audio Annex, one poster decided that he would in effect "scam the scammer" on the Teleportation Tweak, report the results there, then collect the money-back guarantee. The thread describing that experience is here. My favorite quote in that thread was this one:

You should *hear* this thing! It sounds for all the world like someone beating an aluminum pie pan with a dinner fork. I just about busted a gut while he was doing it.

Then a poster on Audio Asylum, one of Kait's toadies, discovered the Audio Annex thread. At that point, the situation became even funnier. You can kind of follow what was going on by following the Audio Asylum links posted in the Audio Annex thread. Be aware though, that if you click on a link to audioasylum.com from audioannex.com, you will be redirected to the Taco Bell web site. That's in the Audio Asylum code, and apparently comes from some sort of feud between the Audio Annex and Audio Asylum founders. At any rate, to see those Audio Asylum links, one must copy them and paste them into your browser (so Audio Asylum sees no "referrer" and won't redirect).

The end result of this was that rlwainwright (poster "rlw" at Audio Asylum) was banned from Audio Asylum, and the money-back guarantee was removed from the Teleportation Tweak. Kait is still a regular poster there AFAIK.

So maybe you could do a DIY Teleportation Tweak by banging an aluminum pie pan with a dinner fork? :) That's the best information we have about that tweak at this point.

I wonder.... suppose one of us actually bought this 'procedure', and then recorded the incomming telephone call. D'you think playing a tape / CD /MP3 of the magical sounds would work the magic? The buyer could then sell the magic on, or even give it away!

he designed... Codename Top Banana HD-DVD Tray Masking Kit,

I but a banana on top of my DVD player. It was a GREAT improvement!
I don't have to walk to the kitchen now if I want a snack during my viewing!

Dr.EM said:
What suprises me here is the number of people who seem to be in support of this "company" :confused:

Perhaps it's the owner or his beneficiaries :D

That's the kind of place it is! :)

On another note, I'm glad this forum isn't layed out like those :eek:

The funny thing is, people who complain about the format will usually get flamed. It does have one good aspect though. The thread structure is preserved like usenet. But the most recent post needs to shift the thread to the top. Instead, they all scroll down after time and just die. They've got some new thing where you see an ad in every post, making it just about unreadable, even with AdBlock.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.