Troubleshooting Toshiba 46hm84

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, im trying to troubleshoot this non working TV. It displays the red on green light flashing error code. I replaced the lamp and still the same error code. The lamp is tested and good in a different TV. Im trying to get some readings from it, but its really not possible when the TV keeps resetting it self after each time it flashes its error code. So what i was wondering if anyone knows how to keep the TV on by bypassing the lamp? On a side note, does anyone know when the color wheel should start spinning? Should it be instantly after pressing the power button. or would their be a delay? Reason i ask is i read somewhere that if the color wheel is not functioning i would get the same error? Right now all it does after power button is pressed is, fans start up, i hear some clicking, then the error code and the it resets and repeats. I tried getting a reading from the main power line going to the ballast and it does get power for a split second(not long enough to get a reading) then the power is cut off while its flashing the error code. Can someone please help me out, i been searching this to death for the last couple of days and im not getting anywhere.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.