Jukebox relay?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
While installing sound systems in NYC, I've come across a few of what I'm calling "jukebox relays". Two line level inputs, one line level output. The relay switches between the two sources depending on whether or not the first one (usually a jukebox) is sending any signal. Well, now I need one. But I can't find this for sale anywhere. I can't even find out how to make it. Anyone know about these things, where I can get them, etc?

Hi! We need more info. At least, I do! Can you draw up a schematic(of the section with the relay), maybe post a picture?

Is there any writing on the relay itself?

I'm actually surprised you haven't had any comments yet. There should be alot of people here with experience reparing those. What is it a Seeburg, a Wurlitzer? What model?

In commercial intallations, the jukebox earns the location money, while background music from a radio or Muzak does not. This device is connected to the jukebox so that whenever it starts to play, it takes over the PA system from the radio automatically.

You could also wire one the other way as a paging ducker. Whenever the paging mic is keyed, it takes over and mutes the jukebox. That way the announcement can be heard without competing with the juke box.

Many other appplications.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.