need help with my nad's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
picked up amp and cd player for $50 and cd player needed a new backlight. okso its fixed. problem im having is with the amp works but a lot of the caps are in need of replacing but the plastic is missing on them. does anyone know ware i could get a schematic for the amp any help would be great for $50 it sound great ill put the extra money into it;)

nad cd player 502
nad amplifer 3140

Attachments

• image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 416
The naked capacitors...

picked up amp and cd player for $50 and cd player needed a new backlight. okso its fixed. problem im having is with the amp works but a lot of the caps are in need of replacing but the plastic is missing on them

Hehehehe...i remenber a thread in this forum about the sound of the electrolitics capacitors without the plastic...

They claim that they sound better naked...

Conclusion...you have bought the amp from a member of this forum.!!!..;)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Good price for a 3140. I've owned a number of those. Still have a 2140. I have schematic (and have processed a large portion of the service manual for it). Is you prob in the power amp section or the pre (ie a 2140 is a 3140 without the pre). If its in the pre i might be able to get the map for the 3140 next time i'm in the hifi store.

dave

I remember that error of amps from Nad....if I`m not mistaken the 2140 was just the intergrated 2100 amp....I also remember that those puppies had 6 Db of headroom...I remember being at a store and was demoed some music when Arcam first came out with their Dac and transport unit...they played it through some Bryston speakers...that amp is worth saving....one question..I always thought they used toroid transformers>??...hmmm...I forget faster through old age..LOL...at the time I had my Tanberg 3080 receiver...yaaa...it was a tank but it was a solid unit...I regret ever selling it

Cheers!The DIRT®

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.