Troubleshooting receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all,

I got a free receiver Technics SU-G86 recently. It powers up fine, but no sound out of left speaker whatsoever. The right side has sound, but I have to turn it all the way up to hear it, regardless of the input.

I'll check fuses inside it, but thought I would humbly ask you the experts about what else I can check. I do have solder exp. and a multimeter.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
can You see what's the output? IC (like some STK) or discrete (transistors)? If STK, change it, if discrete, measure and exchange faulty outputs and/or drivers, check resistors around them. I've found broken or dirty volume controls on some Technics things, so spray that with contact spray and see if there is signal after the control.
Hope this helps,
Jack

lol no dont change that ic yet....

you hear sound out of the R ch chances are that its not the output ic

the SVI / RSN series incorporate relay drive into the IC (thump/dethump/overload/dc det)

the fact you hear sound must imply you hear a click after ~4 sec

i have an amp infront of me atm doing the same thing... the fault is in the front end somewhere - possibly muting control

please post more info

- Baily :spin:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.