DIY Interconnect: 5 pin DIN to RCA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any two-core with common screen will work.
It all depends on how good your ears and turntable are - it could range from R10 to thousands!

Or you could use two lengths of single-core screened and run them both into the din plug (it will have to be thin cable then, to both fit into the din.).

Braided screens are the best, but most expensive. Then you get stranded copper screens, and cheapest are the aluminised mylar screens.

(Does the 5-pin DIN go into the tone-arm? Beware that some tone arm sockets LOOK like 5-pin Dins, but the pins on the standard din plug are too thick)

I actually bought some 'figure 8' (two single-core, individually-screened) cable and simply combined both screens on the ground pin of the DIN plug.
I may have confused you when I mentioned the turntable; the cable is actually to go into a Quad 33 pre-amp (the DIN plug), whilst the two RCAs are plugged into the TT.

I was confused about whether to use a four-core cable, or screened (as I have done).

Thanks for your help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.