Wikipedia Article on "Tube Sound"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tube_sound

I just stumbled upon this article.... sometimes I don't get wikipedia.. isn't everything supposed to be 'cited'... ?

Push-pull tube amplifiers can be run in class A, AB, or B. When in the class A region the distortion will be as described above, but while in class B the distortion will be SE like. Also, a class AB amplifier will have crossover distortion that will be typically inharmonic and thus sonically very undesirable indeed.

I personally have never heard this before (not that i insist i'm right).. aren't some of the best solid state amps out there Class AB (Simaudio, Symphonic Line, Blue Circle) ?

On the other hand, there have not been many edits within last few months. May that be a sign of maturity of the article? Or, are there other and better explanations why the demand of editing the article has decreased?
People stop talking when
a) they have reached agreement,
b) they have reached an impasse of disagreement,
c) they realise nobody of any consequence is listening.

I have no idea which it is.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.