Linkwitz lecture in London Nov 13th

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
just downloaded the AES50 lecture from Jan 2006.
20MB @ 95% (59.3kB/S) of my max download speed.
AES got something right.
I usually get downloads @ 10% to 50% of max speed, ie 6kB/S to 30kB/S

ps, aes50=audio over CAT5.

Pity all the lectures are in the deep South.

Re: Linkwitz lecture in London Nov 13

Tosh said:
Hope to meet some of you at this lecture! I've been playing around with some slightly modified styles for Orion and Pluto in SolidWorks 3D CAD, and I'd love to brainstorm with you guys. (Hello, Vikash?) Perhaps we can organize proper introductions for diyAudio members before the lecture?

Link to AES events
Hi!

I'd be intersted in seeing/discussing Orions and mods especially 3D models in SolidWorks.

Funny I just noticed this thread - SL briefly considered using my Orions to demo with his lecture but for the logstics of me getting them there, and the time allocated for the lecture I think.

EC8010 and PM, if you're ever passing MK then you're welcome to have another listen and a beer or several now that I've got the basics right ( but still xbox as source PM :D )...I think it's finally delivering the hype in its new setup. I may even see you guys on th 13th, although travelling into London is a royal pain...

Attachments

• orion.jpg
    orion.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 355
Quick roll-call, how many of you are thinking of attending and will there be a sneaky pub visit after? :)

Have been downloading and listening to the older lectures, some great guest speakers there, shame about the 32Kbps MP3 sound, its hard to make out some parts, listening while driving to work

cheers,

Len.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Winter biking's fine, honest.

I've filled the tank with fuel, dug out my warmest gloves, and have the "London bike lock" handy. All I need is dry, not too cold weather, and to be not too tired tomorrow afternoon. I'll be the Mad Max lookalike (hunkier than Mel, of course), but shivering. Closer to "Lapchik the Mad Hungarian" from the "Gumball Rally", really.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.