Computer boot up problem...help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It seems there's something wrong with your hard drive. Have you backed up data on the hard drive? Back up them quickly and replace the hard drive, or your data on the hard drive may loss.
If files have already lost, try some data recovery tools to restore them, such as Bitwar, Minitool, etc.
Goog luck to you.

Long shot is loose power connectors on the hdd, rare but does still happen, although would normally give more problems than those listed.

I fitted a new hard drive to my pc and it worked ok for a few days.
Then it started telling me there was a hard drive problem.
It would sometimes boot up and other times not.
So I reinstalled Windows and it worked ok for a while.
Then problems started again.
In the end I investigated the hard drive and connectors.
I then noticed a connector seemed a bit loose.
I then saw a part of the connector had broken off and was causing a loose connection to the hard drive.
I must have been a bit rough installing new hard drive and broke off part of the connector. A new connector cable fixed things.

Wow that's a real old thread !
I did save up the data and put together a new PC .
New motherboard and drives etc. Moved to Win 7 (!) OS fairly recently :)

The current setup works fine and may have to change to Win10 when Win 11/12 comes along ?:D

Most important things are saved on a external backup drive also. So a crash might not be so disastrous. But I do sit for shorter periods in front of the computer. Earlier it was almost all day long....and I got sick !:eek:
I'm OK now !:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.