High power car-jacker deterrent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.

Could you please help me out? Yesterday I had some problems with 2 stupid dudes that where stopped on the driveway. I honked a bit and the started to drive slowly seeing if I would hit them. After this provocation, they stpped the car and stepped out trying to get me. I managed to drive away, but now I'm really willing to get a real protection for my car.
I was thinking about a high-power high-frequency generator, something that would make them stop some - safe - feet away. Car alarms don't have that "lovely" ability- they are loud, but you still can get near the car...

Any suggestions, please?

Simpleton said:
Hello everyone.

Could you please help me out? Yesterday I had some problems with 2 stupid dudes that where stopped on the driveway. I honked a bit and the started to drive slowly seeing if I would hit them. After this provocation, they stpped the car and stepped out trying to get me. I managed to drive away, but now I'm really willing to get a real protection for my car.
I was thinking about a high-power high-frequency generator, something that would make them stop some - safe - feet away. Car alarms don't have that "lovely" ability- they are loud, but you still can get near the car...

Any suggestions, please?
...and 3.6kW into 2 ohms! All in a day's work for Krell's $40,000/pair, Krell Evolution 900 monoblock amplifier. On passive display with its top off, you can see that the amplifier has three output modules, each containing a pair of driver stages, 28 bipolar output devices, and a massive heatsink that vents heat in chimney fashion through vents in the top and bottom of the chassis. The power supply features two 3kVA toroidal transformers, 52 electrolytic capacitors, each rated at 1800µF, 900watt, and 105°F. Weight? Again I didn't want to know, but was told it was a mere 175 lbs!

... we have something here called the 2nd amendment to our constitution. We may lose it one day, but for now, I'm thinking of starting DIYGun.com ... zippy, huh ...

" ... two 3kVA toroidal transformers, 52 electrolytic capacitors, each rated at 1800µF, 900watt ..."

!! That should be enough for a small rail gun or some kind of electrostatic / electromagnetic launch device ... 3000 watts stored into more than 90,000 uF of capacitance should be enough ... probably will need really fat cables. :smash:

Simpleton said:
I have thought about a cooler idea, fire extinguiser nozzles instead of flame thrower :hot: . Still scares the c**p out ot them, at least enough to pull away...

I liked this part

Simpleton said:
The Law is very unpermissable regarding getting a license for carrying firearms in my country.
That windscreen washer jets is a great idea! :devilr: (runs to the drawing board)
with batteries acid !. ....... here a simple pistol well do.

I had a friend in high school who basically turned his entire car into a taser. He said it worked really well - one time a dog brushed up against it in a parking lot and the dog froze in place. All of its muscles seized up and it just stood there acting as a path to earth. Needless to say, the lady on the other end of the leash freaked out! He learned to park the car well away from others and only turn on the "alarm" when absoloutely needed. I don't remember exactly how he implemented it, but I remember there was a very large coil involved.

FastEddy said:
" ... ... and having a "Smith and Wesson" sign in the back window ...
Dont do that, that gives them a reason to break in your vehicle thinking they might find a gun . The allies went to extremes so the germans did not know about the exact location of the invasion. Nothing have change since.

Attachments

• 7b31_1.jpg
    7b31_1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.