Television broken

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The other day i was watching tv,and i heard a pop,but nothing loud,and the screen went black.
Phillips 14 inch tv,7 years old, cost me £170 new.

I've checked the plug fuse and cable with a multimeter,they are fine.When i looked inside the internal fuse was cracked and black,and 1 transistor,1 resistor,4 diodes,and 4 capacitors are burnt.And the board is a bit burnt also.
But the damaged componets,aren't too burnt,because i can still read what value they are.
So i replaced the broken parts,with brand new ones,and i used a heat shunt,to stop the solding iron burning out the new transistor.But still nothing after fixing the damaged parts.
I don't think it's the cathode ray tube,because it does look okay,but it could be an IC or something worse like the transformer,or high voltage generator and high voltage connector damaged.How do you test a component with more than three legs,such as an IC or transformer.I have A Fluke Digital Multimeter,but i haven't got an osscilliscope.
I'd rather fix it myself,than fork out 50 quid for just the labour,30 quid for the shop to just look at it,and then for addiational parts.
So Either is it a simple matter,like the copper tracks on the printed circuit board broken,or other cheap componets such as resistors broken.Or Throw it away and buy a new one.
P.s. it's also a shame manufactors guarntees are only 1 year,plus the addiational 3 year guarntee i took out.But i'd be willing to pay more for an addiational guarntee of at least 7 years,if one excisted.But anyway 7 years constant use out of a 14 inch Phillips tv is good for £170.Although i'm quite poor,thats why i'd rather repair it for less than £170,then buy a new one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.