What's on your workbench???

Re: workbench

cnctooltek said:
We need graphics.
Men especially learn visually. and you know how guys are, we wanna know who has the biggest bench with the most toys

The one with the most toys isn't necessarily the one who wins. Richard Feynman told the tale of the labs at MIT and Princeton. In those early days of nuclear physics MIT was comparatively better funded, extremely well equipped yet the research work was uninspired and non-creative. The lab at Princeton had a sparceness of toys, there were power cords runnig everywhere, bare bulbs illuminating the labs, etc. Challenged by their environment the Princeton guys excelled.

i have a small path running through the garage to the garbage pails -- i also have two cars and a 17' O'Day sitting on the rear lawn -- we are truly the white-trash of our neighborhood. you can't see the two standby generators, wood chipper, snow-blower or lawnmower -- our electricity is the worst in the civilized world:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

As promissed in Post 16

Maybe I need to do some cleaning up :D

Attachments

• workbench 1.jpg
    workbench 1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,686
What's on your Workbench?

Hi

Just milling cutters, funny little homemade jigs and so on. See

http://www.blueangelaudio.com

Yesterday, a bit of domestic duties in the form of 4 new security lights being prepared on the bench for fitting around the house, to replace 4 others burnt to hell in the sun.

Rain and inclement weather set in as the last new one went up and they had to be adjusted from inside, cricking my scrawny neck and screwing up shoulder muscles (didn't know I had any left)!

WAF factor? 100%.

Cheers

bulgin

Re: As promissed in Post 16

ACD said:
Maybe I need to do some cleaning up :D
Thomas Edison despised neat workplaces.

and here I fear that the effort to clean up the Edison National Museum in West Orange NJ will be a disaster. The Museum has been undergoing renovation for over 10 years (typical government project) -- in its prior condition there were still instruments and tools as if the father of invention had just set them down. One fears that the U.S. Park Service will turn it into a Disney-fied antiseptic environment.