Help on Japanese translation of a Jigsaw user manual

Hello,
I'm trying to find out if this vintage Ryobi jigsaw can attach T blades. In these instruccrions (linked below) I can see that there are pictured in page 11. I know that the original blades aren't T or U types, they are straight and with a hole (blades 1, 2 and 3 in page 11). Jut wondering what does it say for the rest of blades which apparently are T type. I guess it's japanesse because the web site is from Japan. Also these instructions are images so no way for me to copy paste text and google translate.
Thanks in advance for your time and help: MUCH apreciated!!::cheers::

https://www.kyocera-industrialtools.co.jp/products/files/doc/7304528308c705eb60c15be84640eae2.pdf

Last edited:
Hello,
I'm trying to find out if this vintage Ryobi jigsaw can attach T blades. In these instruccrions (linked below) I can see that there are pictured in page 11. I know that the original blades aren't T or U types, they are straight and with a hole (blades 1, 2 and 3 in page 11). Jut wondering what does it say for the rest of blades which apparently are T type. I guess it's japanesse because the web site is from Japan.
1) Yes, it is Japanese, I´ll ask my Son who is fluent, although not necessarily will know the Technical terms.
2) that said, the copy is very fuzzy "burnt", no big deal with phonetic characters BUT Kanji ("Chinese") characters are almost unreadable and about half the text :(
3) I guess a Native Japanese, and Technically minded will be of more help.
4) please define what is a "T or U blade".

Joined 2007
Paid Member
With help from Google translate on mobile phone.

Sägeblätter.jpg

THANKS Fonebones, didn't thought about that... and I have google translate app in my phone but never used the camera translation: new to me, hehehe. It works very well indeed.

Also big Thanks JMFahey (and son)! About the type of jigsaw, that is the attachment tip end: it can have U dent form or a T bayonet form.

I think I have what I was looking for and I can manage with the camera translate app.

regards: John

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
....please define what is a "T or U blade".

This question bedeviled jigsaw users for years.

In 1965 the blade top was square with a hole, you drove a cone-screw to set the blade.

This may have picked-up a centering U-dent; I don't remember some years too clear.

BOSCH had a clever trick of you put the blade in rotated and let it self-center? Ah: you loosen the 'top handle', insert blade, then tighten handle to the click. I have that type now and it is wonderful.

Apparently they can punch all the types of shapes on one blade now.

Attachments

• T-U-hole--------42.gif
    T-U-hole--------42.gif
    44.4 KB · Views: 93

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The Ryobi JSE-60A sure looks like an Asian-market re-imagined Bosch. (Not a copy but a do-alike.) It appears to take all 3 types of shanks. That image just shows the blades Ryobi was pitching back in 1986. It is usually pretty clear if your saw won't take a blade: it won't stay in. Rarely there is a tolerance issue: it goes in but hard cuts work it loose.

Parts:
Buy Ryobi JSE-60 Replacement Tool Parts | Ryobi JSE-60 Diagram
https://media.repairtoolparts.com/image/JSE-60/JSE-60-Ryobi-PB.pdf

Many-language 2008 manual without blade chart: (--AV seems to be true vari-speed; just-A may be 2-speed.)
EDIT: this is the same manual that JonSnell linked to.

Attachments

• Ryobi-JSE-60A.pdf
    310.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited: