AP SYS2 2322 Expert help needed!

Hi,

I am experimenting with an old Sys Two 2322 using the latest APWin V2.24.
My concern is, that I was not able to figure out, how to measure frequency response up to above 20 kHz. Let’s say up to 100kHz at least…
I also did not find a way to measure phase response vs frequency….
Could I get some help?

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Do you know how to do a sweep? Look at the sweep panel, there you can set the start and stop frequency (default is 20-20k).
There are two quantities you can graph with a sweep, and you can select amplitude in the first (Data 1) and phase (Data 2) in the second. Then below that set the freq range, Source 1.

Jan

Attachments

• sweep.PNG
    sweep.PNG
    13.7 KB · Views: 116
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
If you use Amplitude you are looking after the filtering etc circuits as set in the Analyzer panel. That is what you normally would want. Especially for distortion sweeps you want to us the Analyzer bandpass and notch filter settings so you would use the Amplitude data.

Edit: you should open the Analyzer and Generator panels. It's easy to overlook a setting.

Jan

Thanks Jan,

Your explanation is clear and make sense.
One more question tough:
If I also want to measure phase, then the measurement (sweep) gets very very slow…. Is there a setting I did not see, where the speed of sweep measurement can be set up even when measuring the Phase response as well?

Thanks! :)

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
There's a number of steps setting in the sweep panel. I normally use 30 or so, but if you increase it a lot, it gets slower.
Also, at each step, the analyzer waits for the reading to settle within a few % of final reading. Some circuits take longer to settle, and settling for low frequencies is generally also longer.
You can open the Settling panel to look at the values.

Jan

Hi ttako
The LEVEL A METER or LEVEL B METER has 500kHz bandwidth as no filters are used. The READING METER however can have several filter inserted into the measurements. Be careful using the canned tests. First open the tests, then save the TEST under a new name in another Directory. Now modify the test as needed.
I recommend doing the following:
1. Make a new Dir C\AP_DATA
2. Under the C\AP_DATA make more Dir’s as you start each Project
This is a HOUSEKEEPING tool
Duke