Lab Volt Equipment SES 502A

Awhile back I got this in a mass of audio stuff. I want to get into tube amp building and I am wondering if this kit would help? I would also like to find the manual or book that probably went with it.

Attachments

• Kit 1.jpg
    Kit 1.jpg
    996.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Kit 2.jpg
    Kit 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 98
This from the 60,s I recognise the parts , the unseen but marked on the outside bottom section date from the 50,s into the early 60,s .

If the parts in the bottom section are still there --yes you can build a simple tube audio amplifier .

You bought it at a USA auction ( Washington area )for ( I hope ) no more than 45 bucks ?

It looks like a US forces electronic teaching kit or part of a school course dedicated to teaching the basics so that you can progress to a better job later on.

Its only dated in December 2020-- I see this buy cheap and sell at a profit on this item has been going on for years .

i am right its to train electricians and technicians Festo Didatic own the organisation now ,not come across an instruction manual yet.

I have actually had this in the back of my closet for about 5 years now. All the parts are in the bottom and I have a box with more odds and ends in it somewhere. I just have to find it. I bought this from a gentleman over in Ohio when I bought all of his tubes and old test equipment. The tubes and test equipment went to better homes but this piece I kept.

About 60 years ago, we had something similar, but a generation older, in our high svhool electronics class. It was made by RCA then. The companion books are pretty much necessary.

Sets like this are to teach you about circuits. Do you want to get into building amps, or do you want to learn how they work. Those are not the same things. Building amps is a useful skill, but doesn't really teach you how they work much. Learning circuits is great fundamental stuff, but doesn't really help you learn how to build anything.

Yes, of course there is or can be overlap.