Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

omnimic v2 vs emm 6
omnimic v2 vs emm 6
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th January 2021, 07:15 PM   #1
made2hack is offline made2hack
diyAudio Member

Question omnimic v2 vs emm 6

Hi all,

I'm looking to get the Omnimic V2 or EMM - 6 from Dayton Audio.

I was wondering whether you think that paying 4x the price for the Omnimic V2 vs EMM-6 is worth it. (and yes, I understand the subjectivity of your answers).

I do have a mixer and soundcard, so using the EMM-6 with XLR is not an issue.

What am I really getting with the Omnimic V2 except the supposed sensitivity to 5Hz and the software?

I currently don't see a use for getting down to 5Hz, perhaps in the future I will.

But I'm having trouble justifying to myself the 4x price difference. Unless of course I'm missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance,
Old 13th January 2021, 08:10 PM   #2
duncan2 is offline duncan2  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

If you are not a professional and don't need the comprehensive software and a professional quality microphone then $80 is the price of the EMM-6 according to their website.
Old 14th January 2021, 08:53 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Ok, but is the Omnimic software worth the extra money? I mean, can I do similar or close enough using REW?
Old 15th January 2021, 09:23 PM   #4
celef is offline celef
diyAudio Member

i have never used omnimic but in general, softwares with its own hardware are more easy to set up and to get trustworthy results with even the first time using it, especially so if you are a newbie to acoustic measurements. however, if you are a quick learner then you might sooner want more features and then a more powerful system might be the best first bet
Old 16th January 2021, 08:14 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Ok thanks for the imput!
  Reply to this post

omnimic v2 vs emm 6Hide this!Advertise here!