Good basic bench power supply?

Given the state of things, I imagine a sale is unlikely for a bit.

They still do have them , just a bit less frequent right now

Take a look here for sale brochures when they have them
https://cpc.farnell.com/latest-brochures

They will add two extra numbers to the partnumbers to make a sale price SKU, if you omit the two extra numbers you get full price. and when they stop the sale they disable all the SKU's with those extra two numbers - cheeky huh , although sometimes they forget.
For instance try typing in IN0682306 and you'll see it says that was an offer price that's now not active ...... so it's 'superceded' right now to the original base part number. The two extra numbers could by anything for the next sale, 04 06 87 67 69 etc etc , but when a sale is on that same pair of numbers is on the end on every sale item

Anyway wait for a sale brochure. :D

Topward power supplies are good bang for the buck. I go for the dual channel, 60V option, as they are useful for bringing up amp boards to check the bias. They are a little lean on output current capability, so the supply generally current limits when you try to drive an actual load. I have several floating around.

Not sure if you are still looking, but check eBay for used GW Instek gpc-3020 supplies. The older versions with analog meters go cheaply - I got one and it is a workhorse, although limited to 30 Volts @ 2Amps each side. You can series or parallel the sides and there is 5 Volts fixed also. BTW - Nelson Pass has one of the newer versions - with digital readouts - on his bench.

Can I please ask what I suspect will be a stupid question.
(I might also be using the wrong words)
I just went to use my new bench power supply.
https://cpc.farnell.com/tenma/72-10480/power-supply-1ch-30v-3a-adjustable/dp/IN06822
I wanted to power a DAC that has bare wires from it.
My old one had binding posts (if that is the right terminology)
Great, clamp in the wire nice and secure.

This one doesn't.
It has sockets.
So, banana plugs, right?
So, they have saved a couple of quid and I need to buy something to put on there.

What do people do?
The binding posts seemed to make sense as they are a secure attachment and keep the bare wires a decent distance apart.
I was expecting to find a banana plug I would push into the socket that had a binding post.
All I seem able to find are probes and cables with crocodile clips.

Am I using the wrong words?
Or is there a better way than binding posts that I should use please?

Thanks.