Yet another ABX box!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• top.png
    top.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 132
  • abx.pdf
    85.4 KB · Views: 53
  • gerbers.zip
    49.2 KB · Views: 38
Awesome, thank you!

With a couple of switches one could do level matching. The ADC has enough resolution for pretty tight matching .

Use one of the remaining analog pins to set a reference level, switch to the other input, read the signal level while adjusting and light an LED when it's the same as the reference level.

With headphone amps you'd do the adjustments on the amplifier. For use with line-level sources an added potentiometer would be needed.
:cheers:

Aha! Very cool!

Another thought - have you considered a driver chip such as the ULN2803 or DRV777 to control the relays? Obviates the need for transistors and diodes. It won't look as cool though.

edit: I forgot your need for Tayda as a source - the ULN2803 is available from there for $0.48
edit edit: hmm a driver IC doesn't solve the relay coil voltage problem :scratch:.

Last edited:
Oh that's an interesting approach! It would conserve some board space, and if you were using oshpark that would definitely save some money.

However, I have really loved learning from simple DIY circuits, especially those which leverage "jellybean" and discrete parts. Plus, the DIY'er gets to stock up on these "jellybean" parts which they can use in other circuits.

That said, I could certainly see making a variant of this board, which used parts from digikey, and didn't shy away from integrated solutions :) Or maybe even :eek: an SMD version :hypno1:

:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.