Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Siglent or Rigol scope?
Siglent or Rigol scope?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th July 2020, 04:02 AM   #11
Calvin is offline Calvin  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi,

the imho two most interesting series of Siglent scopes are the 1000X-E and the 2000Xplus.
The 1000X-E offers outstanding bang for buck. Siglent managed to squash an almost unbelievable amount of functionality and performance level into it without the device becoming unuseable or unresponsive.
In fact the Siglent is easy and very intuitive to use. I typically get faster to results than with our LeCroy Wavesurfer or R&S RTH.
The 4-channel Siglent come with a highly responsive low-latency Webserver that allows full control via LAN almost in realtime. The SDS1202X-E misses the webserver as well as the Bode-plot functionality.
Also to be kept in mind is that the 4-channel types are rather 2x2-channel, so You can use the full specced samplerare for two channels.
Finally the 100MHz version can easily be 'upgraded'.
What the 1000 series leaves to wish for offers the 2000Xplus .... a larger touchpanel display and higher samplerate.
Siglent has at least at the moment the edge over Rigol.
Way more professioal layout ... Rigol appears to address hyperactive adhs-gaming kids or hardcore Hello-Kitty fans as customers, but not dedicated hobbyists, let alone engineers.
Rigol looks impressive on paper, but seemingly they also suck software-wise.
While Siglent earned themselves quite a good reputation regarding firmware update rate, functionality upgrade rate and 'listening' to the customer/community, Rigol seems to react slow and sluggish.
Don't get me wrong ... Rigol certainly made decent scopes available at affordable-for-hobbyists prices, but Siglent seems to do more things right at the moment from the customers pov.

jauu
Calvin
Old 6th July 2020, 12:59 AM   #12
1audio is offline 1audio  United States
diyAudio Member

Siglent or Rigol scope?
I understood Rigol was an OEM for Agilent for a while. Still my Siglent 1104-XE has largely supplanted anything I would do with a big Tek with a few specialized exceptions. On my to-do list is an adapter to use Tek 7K plug-ins into something like the Siglent or my Picoscope. But the to-do list is pretty long.
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM   #13
Watthour is offline Watthour  United States
diyAudio Member

Just another 2 in the pot...

I picked up a Siglent 1202 about 1 years ago as a handy portable. It is my sixth 'scope, and is quickly turning into the "go-to" unit on the bench whenver I need to look as a trace. I am so far impressed with the functionality, decent quality, and features. I looked at Owon and Rigol before pulling the trigger on the Siglent. I really liked the fact that everything in the firmware is enabled, even though I haven't used all the features other than to test them.

If the 4-channel/faster Siglent is done the same way, I would expect you would be very pleased with it.

Siglent or Rigol scope?Hide this!Advertise here!