Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Nice problem - Dmm6500 + 2000-SCAN
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th June 2020, 05:06 AM   #1
FriedMule is offline FriedMule  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Default Nice problem - Dmm6500 + 2000-SCAN

A place had to close and the owner was so nice to give me a DMM-6500 that has a 2000-SCAN card installed.
Unfortunately were the amazing gift, without any cables at all, but beggars cant be choosers and I am happy as can be!! :-)
I am uncertain on how to connect probes to the 2000-scan card, I have read the manual bur it does not tell anything about the other end of the 20 (22 awg) wire ribbon. Do anyone know how to make it usable?

Last edited by FriedMule; 18th June 2020 at 05:32 AM.
Old 18th June 2020, 05:57 AM   #2
1audio is online now 1audio  United States
diyAudio Member

If you have this Keithley DMM6500 https://www.tek.com/tektronix-and-ke...imeter/dmm6500 then you probably have this scanner card. The manual should show details on using it. Its not really that useful a feature on a bench meter but great for some specialized measurement tasks. You would need software to make real use of it to plot stuff. The meter looks quite nice.
Attached Images
File Type: png DMM6500 scanner.PNG (247.9 KB, 47 views)
Old 18th June 2020, 06:01 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Yes it's that card but no cables. The manual does not tell anything about connection to DUT.

All the software that are used for graphs and so on, is already in the meter.
The manual looks like this: https://assets.testequity.com/te1/Do...CAN-manual.pdf
Old 18th June 2020, 06:34 AM   #4
1audio is online now 1audio  United States
diyAudio Member

From the picture it looks like a terminal strip with screws. Insert wire and tighten screw. That has been typical for both Keithly and HP scanners for some time. My Prema uses a DB25 connector which is actually a bigger pain.
Old 18th June 2020, 09:03 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

1audio yes that part is no problem:-) Now do I have a ribbon with 20 wires, each 22awg, fasten to the card.
But what about the other end, how do I connect the 22 awg gauge to something that let me use probes for each wire?

Nice problem - Dmm6500 + 2000-SCANHide this!Advertise here!