Nice problem - Dmm6500 + 2000-SCAN

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A place had to close and the owner was so nice to give me a DMM-6500 that has a 2000-SCAN card installed.
Unfortunately were the amazing gift, without any cables at all, but beggars cant be choosers and I am happy as can be!! :)
I am uncertain on how to connect probes to the 2000-scan card, I have read the manual bur it does not tell anything about the other end of the 20 (22 awg) wire ribbon. Do anyone know how to make it usable?

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
If you have this Keithley DMM6500 https://www.tek.com/tektronix-and-keithley-digital-multimeter/dmm6500 then you probably have this scanner card. The manual should show details on using it. Its not really that useful a feature on a bench meter but great for some specialized measurement tasks. You would need software to make real use of it to plot stuff. The meter looks quite nice.

Attachments

• DMM6500 scanner.PNG
    DMM6500 scanner.PNG
    247.9 KB · Views: 79
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.