Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Rohde Schwarz R&S UPL Audio Analyzer Renovation.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th February 2021, 12:33 AM   #191
cskg is offline cskg  China
diyAudio Member

Hi,Bart
My win98se is freshly installed. via copying the win98se setup files to the ssd C:\WIN98SE(c: dos6.22 and upl software already installed),then run SETUP. If SSD is used, after the win98 setup first reboot ,must be use win98 boot floppy disk boot system ,then type:SYS A:C:,after the above operations ,the win98 system installation can be completed.
In win98se system ,run floppy disc :upl 3.06 1 and 2,then use win98 boot floppy disk(your win98updated files already copyed to this fdd a:\) boot system ,then type:updupdated.bat. reboot,ok!
I can use UPL in win98 now .
Upper mem :total 196.544k used 32.704k free 163.840k . (B10 NOT INSTALLED,I DON’T have any options installkey ).
The confusion is that the upl run in win98 system seems instability.
Best Regads.
CSKG
Old 24th February 2021, 09:26 PM   #192
Bjirre is offline Bjirre
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cskg View Post
Hi,Bart
My win98se is freshly installed. via copying the win98se setup files to the ssd C:\WIN98SE(c: dos6.22 and upl software already installed),then run SETUP. If SSD is used, after the win98 setup first reboot ,must be use win98 boot floppy disk boot system ,then type:SYS A:C:,after the above operations ,the win98 system installation can be completed.
In win98se system ,run floppy disc :upl 3.06 1 and 2,then use win98 boot floppy disk(your win98updated files already copyed to this fdd a:\) boot system ,then type:updupdated.bat. reboot,ok!
I can use UPL in win98 now .
Upper mem :total 196.544k used 32.704k free 163.840k . (B10 NOT INSTALLED,I DON’T have any options installkey ).
The confusion is that the upl run in win98 system seems instability.
Best Regads.
CSKG
Hi CSKG,

Could you try using one of my images? just want to rule out a bad windows install. You can use paragon to flash the image on the cf card and then restoring the mbr like you mentioned with sys c:

I’ll set up a test with your type of motherboard over the weekend to judge instability.

Kind regards,
Bart
Old 25th February 2021, 12:09 AM   #193
cskg is offline cskg  China
diyAudio Member

Hi,Bart,
Yesterday i mod the autoexec.bat and config.sys,Since then ,the system seems to be very stable.
Autoexec.bat :
delete<mode con codepage prepare=((850) C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\ega.cpi)
mode con codepage select=850
keyb be>
Config.sys:
delete<Country=032,850,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\country. sys>
May be mod to <keyb us> <country 001,850>,it also will work.I didn't try.
Kind regards,
CSKG
Old 25th February 2021, 08:27 PM   #194
RE 604 is offline RE 604  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hello ,
yesterday I got an UPL and a scope from a friend . The UPL is in very good optical condition but channel one is not working in the correct way . Signal is distorted and fluctuating . Input relay with bad contact ??? and which is the right one , K3 ? On the analog/analyser pcb are no designations for the parts .
Kind regards , Alexander .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg upl scope 1.jpg (334.5 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by RE 604; 25th February 2021 at 08:29 PM.
Old 1st March 2021, 10:00 PM   #195
Bjirre is offline Bjirre
diyAudio Member

Rohde Schwarz R&amp;S UPL Audio Analyzer Renovation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE 604 View Post
Hello ,
yesterday I got an UPL and a scope from a friend . The UPL is in very good optical condition but channel one is not working in the correct way . Signal is distorted and fluctuating . Input relay with bad contact ??? and which is the right one , K3 ? On the analog/analyser pcb are no designations for the parts .
Kind regards , Alexander .
Hi Alexander,

First thing i would check is the selftest, if you are able to run it, it requires the B10 option.

Perhaps there you could find more clues to what search next.

Kind Regards,

Bart
Old 2nd March 2021, 10:17 PM   #196
RE 604 is offline RE 604  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hello Bart ,
thank you for your answer , but the UPL made a selfrepair . Very important is , to resolder the fuse holder from the 5V / 5A fuse . I had smoke from my older UPL and it was the fuse on the pcb .
I measured channel one with the Victor 1khz generator and channel two with the UPL .
Kind reards , Alexander .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuse1.jpg (330.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg fuse2.jpg (407.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg upl victor1.jpg (388.4 KB, 20 views)

Rohde Schwarz R&amp;S UPL Audio Analyzer Renovation.Hide this!Advertise here!