Laminate MDF: Which circular saw blade?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got one shot at this, to make a nice clean cut on laminated MDF, about 2" thick. I have a circular saw, was hoping to use one of these two blades. Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC01961.jpg
    DSC01961.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 237
Left if you must, but OOOF!

If you can be kind to yourself, go to a big box store and get a Diablo 7 1/2" 48t semi-finish. It's a nice balance between clean cutting and material removal. It's also awfully affordable. Below that I'd recommend the 24T rip and if you want to splurge and go slow, the 60t.

I had used the blade that had been used on many projects prior here when I cut my counters some 15 years ago. I recall cutting from the back side.
Just go slow, and use a guide, maybe clean any residue from the sides of the blade first.

You want the "a-face" to be entry point of the cut so that any chipping/blow out occurs on the "b-face". Circular saws spin such that the bottom is cut first which pulls the saw to the material rather than push it away, increasing stability. So, yes, you're correct. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.