Audio Precision "bandpass" question w macros

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
mbe it's just me. i can get a macro sweep to read the "amplitude levels" of channels A and B, but it gets cranky when I try to read the "bandpass" level of the same channels via stereo sweep. the error message pops up and the check-box is "unchecked".

i can adjust the sweep panel by hand for "stereo sweep" in bandpass but not via macro.

Bandpass gives a lot more precision that Amplitude Level.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
mbe it's just me. i can get a macro sweep to read the "amplitude levels" of channels A and B, but it gets cranky when I try to read the "bandpass" level of the same channels via stereo sweep. the error message pops up and the check-box is "unchecked".

i can adjust the sweep panel by hand for "stereo sweep" in bandpass but not via macro.

Bandpass gives a lot more precision than Amplitude Level.

Jack, since there is only one bandpass filter shared between channels, you must switch the bandpass filter/reading to the other channel before you can read it. I guess the stereo sweep test does that automagically but in a macro you must do it explicitly.
Could that be it?

Jan

Hi Jackinnj

You can't read the same channel in stereo mode. Stereo mode reads CH A then switches to CH B. The THD, BP, AWT or ? in stereo mode alternates CHA then CHB. (note if you start with CHB then is switched to CHA

If you want to read CHA 2 times then use append and restart the sweep or use the macro.

Duke

Works outside of the macro -- i.e. when manually enabling stereo check box and bandpass function -- it reads channel A and then channel B (or vice versa).

Jack, since there is only one bandpass filter shared between channels, you must switch the bandpass filter/reading to the other channel before you can read it. I guess the stereo sweep test does that automagically but in a macro you must do it explicitly.
Could that be it?

Jan

Within the macro, I can read the levels of Channel A, Channel B (Ap.Anlr.FuncMode=0) with no difficulty inserting Ap.Sweep.Stereo=True

When I change the function mode to Ap.Anlr.FuncMode=1, an error message is generated and the stereo box is unchecked.

Perhaps as Duke suggess, use two For-Next loops and append instead of trying to do it in swoop.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I remember reading about it in the User Guide:

Some reading parameter selections (such as Phase or DCX-127 DMM Volts) are not stereo signals. If you select such a parameter for Data 1 or Data
2, the stereo sweep function will not be available.

Are you trying to read phase or another non-stereo signal?

Then again, the unit has two level meters, one for each channel. It only has ONE bandpass/bandreject filter (FuncMode=1) which is switched between channels. Gut feeling that that has to do with it.

Jan

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.