Rohde & Schwarz UPL "Keyboard error or no keyboard present" Error

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The 300MHz one is made by Kontron, cca 2002 / 2003.

The older one is 133MHz / 150MHz, Intel 430VX

Can they be swapped? It would be a significant upgrade to the older ones.

The Intel platforms might be easily upgradeable due to the standard format factor.

Last edited:
The ones in the pictures are interchangeable without issues.

I have upgraded my analyzer to the newer motherboard resulting in a faster and more quiet setup. I haven’t been able to get the internal CF slot to work as bootdrive. I don’t think it’s possible since the hard drive IDE lines run through the digital board.

You can use it as an expansion slot to store files or to make backups.

I’m planning to use a CF card to IDE adapter to get rid of my HDD.

Last edited:
Hi Bjirre,

I just bought a broken UPL (not sure how broken yet) and found this post last night. I was in search of software, manuals, and even pictures just in case I had to do a complete rebuild of this UPL.

How fortunate to have found all of the information I was looking for! Thank you so much for posting your collected data and pictures - it is a genuine help for people like me and your effort is very appreciated!

Cheers,
-JamesW-

Hi Bjirre,

I just bought a broken UPL (not sure how broken yet) and found this post last night. I was in search of software, manuals, and even pictures just in case I had to do a complete rebuild of this UPL.

How fortunate to have found all of the information I was looking for! Thank you so much for posting your collected data and pictures - it is a genuine help for people like me and your effort is very appreciated!

Cheers,
-JamesW-

My pleasure, what's the use of hoarding information while others can benefit.

Follow this thread, I'm listing all my information on there.

Rohde Schwarz R&S UPL Audio Analyzer Renovation.

Cheers Bart

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.