QuantAsylum QA400 Installation Problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, do I install the QAsofware on the VM Disk that I created? and run it there?

The process summary is:

1) Install Oracle Virtual Box on your host machine running Win10
2) Take your XP or Win7 DVD and create an ISO from that
3) Inside Virtual Box, you will specify an ISO image. Use what you created in step 2)
4) The VM will start running the ISO, just as if you'd inserted a DVD.
You will see the XP (or Win7) setup process begin in VirtualBox. And eventually, you will see XP or Win7 running in its own window.

After step 4), you can install the QA400 software in the XP virtual machine and run as needed. When you plug in the QA400, you'll hear the bonk-bonk sound, but nothing will capture the driver since the QA400 software didn't install on the Win10. At that point, you can right click in the lower right of the VM window on the USB plug. You should see a QA400 device. Click on it to capture it. If you don't see it, then click on "Create a new filter" and add device with a VID of 16c0 and PID of 4e22.

From that point on, the virtual machine will "own" the QA400 and the QA400 app running in the VM should see it.

There's a good step-by-step at the link below, with generic guidance on other settings.

6.3. Creating a New Virtual Machine in VirtualBox

487,000 KB was the message I kept receiving and it was telling me it wouldn't fit on the CD-R. It kept telling me I was another large number short.

Thanks

QAMAat, Demian.
I was thinking the same thing that it didn't make sense. From the link I provided in post #.... Well now I don't see the link, nuts. I was following those steps and created a new disk on the hard drive partion along with creating a rewritable CD ROM drive. OH Scheisse, well I blew that last one...I used standard CD-R on that instead of CD-RW. No wonder it just sat there when I kept trying to install it...XP from MS. More on this later.

Cheers,

QAMAtt,

What software do you recommend to use to create and ISO file that isn't all filled in with junkware? I found my original WIN7 install disk and related stuff.

Never mind I found software and made the iso file. It's too big, being 3149,408KB, as I'm looking at it right now. It's 2+ gigs short of fitting on the CD. I'll go through the rest of the process and try to get it working from VMBox.

So how do you get the sofware to read from the file i put on the flash drive.? What a cluge, six days now same crapoloa.

phofman,
It won't let me go there to get the file even under VB-VM file manager. I don't have a writeable DVD. :( or maybe I do. Imagine that, I found a carousel of 25 blank CD+R DVDs that haven't been burned yet. Thanks for assisting me think outside the box. :) I'll keep you posted. BTW, how do I load up the file in VB-VM?

phofman,
Did you see my edit/update. So I'm trying but that 'puter is crapping out and not writing to the DVD+R. It should work...but I don't know yet. It's taken over that computer and won't stop working.

Joy ++
Please send me an original BudWeisser. They are much better than the American named counterpart. Cheers

update,

Chris719,
Don't ask me how, but somehow I got VM to see the win7installer on a flash drive...I think. Unless it saw it over the network which I tried to do. So it took about 1/2 dozen times for the installer to take the 25 digit key, which is legit, but win7 didn't want to recognize it and wanted me tobuy a new from from the uberMS folks. twice more entered the key and it took.

So now I'm trying to install the QA software in the VM box but it doesn't see it, while on the same computer. Do I need to make a file on the flash or on the CD-RW? and the beat goes on.... So how on God's green earth do I add the QA software to the virtual machine?

Drag and drop the file, usually works. Or, copy and paste. There are other ways to mount a drive in a share or connect a USB flash drive to it, but this is the simplest way.

I promise, there is no conspiracy to rejecting the product key to make you buy a new one, you were just typing it wrong. I have installed various versions of Windows 100s of times in my life and it has never rejected a legitimate product key.

chris719,
You mean all I need to do it find the setup file on my flash drive, then just drop that executable in the VM window that is running? OMG, why isn't that in the notes somewhere. Or do I drag it to the folder in the VM window. If that is all there is to it...I should be able to handle that. As an aside, I still have 4 window's versions somewhere, that I'm not using, and two of them the computers are fried. The other two I need to find the old plugs to charge the old batteries. The 'puter has been tied up with MS Win10 downloading the latest and greatest "update". I hope it doesn't screw up a working desktop 'puter. I fear updates.

Almost Cheers,

Joined 2004
Paid Member
What hardware platform is the computer? How much drive space is on it?

I would have altered the partitions and multibooted the machine by now. While VM's work multiboot ensures all the hardware is native (if supported). I have 4 PC's booting Win 10 and XP and one that also has a Win 7 partition. All the data partitions are available (as long as you use MBR partitioning).

The machine I use for measuring headphones normally boots to XP because the test software works better with the XP sound system, still reboots to Win 10 when needed.

Demian, It is a win10 platform from DELL. The VM is on it running. I have win7 installed and working. I even figured out how to trick it so that it can install software from the flash drive. QA Software is on it but QA1.23 won't run without the .NET 4.0xxx or sometime later. How much later? It won't work with .NET8.0 Now I have to figure out how to get .NET framework running on it as I haven't figured out how to get the VM win7 to work on the Internet to download the software from Microsoft. But not install it, so that it can access it locally. Maybe. Ouh da joi answers?

Demian,
That is where I got mine from the MS .NET website. When I install it under VM/Win7, they don't work for some reason. I'll see if connecting it via Ethernet helps, it doesn't. How do you connect to the internet using VM? I need this specific file which never downloads: Windows6.1 1-KB958488-v6001-x64.msu

Still working on trying to get Ethernet established in VM...Well got through all of that, finally. Reinatalled the QA Software, etc. Got it connected and running.

QA40x Still doesn't work. 4.5 isn't right. It won't calibrate, nor will it accept input. This is where I started from.!!

So I untinalled, reinstalled the DOTnet4.0 The install is 4.03xxxx So this should work, it didn't same as before. Next step is to delete QA software again, then reboot, then open VMVB and reinstall QA40x softare version 1.23 and go from there. Stay tuned. Film at 6.

No film S.O.S. just a different day.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.