QuantAsylum QA400 Installation Problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For now, It still wont work. Trying to calibrate, has the calfail message #1.

It also gives some kind of fatal error message and shuts itself down right after the cal fail message. So I have the correct .NET version according to Matt, which is the version 4.01 or later. In this case it is .NET 4.0.30319

Even with the wrong .NET version the software part would work. The link LED works, it sends out the voltages, I enter them, press next then it all goes blank. The problem remains the same, I can't get it to calibrate or accept and input for the FFT.

If anyone has done this and got their working, please let me know what you did.

Cheers,

===

Well now when ever I try and calibrate, I get the "A serious error has occurred. The information ahs been logged. The application will close."

QA does not link any longer and on the face of the QA box it shows, left signal yellow LED, on; with -6db green LED, dimly on.

Problem launching the QA40x now, "Problem Launching QAScope" "Another instance of the application is already using the hardware."

more Ouh da joi. And yes I found the QA USB, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Just to be sure the box isn't fried, it works on my desktop system. Either L or R, or BOTH. Links right up, properly illuminates, did the complete calibration w/o an issue. So I've eliminated the box as the problem.

Yes, I know, it's a learning experience.

===

Which USB Settings do you use?

I backed my VMVB to enable settings and backed it down to 1.1 from 2.0 Now I can't move it forward to 2.0 or even 3.0 and I don't know why. It's grayed out.

So, when I'm in VB-VM, and I select Devices: USB: USB Devices Dropdown.

There is a problem in that, I cannot Enable USB Controller other then whats selected which is USB 1.1 (OHCI) Controller. The Dell supports USB 3.0 and USB 2.0.

How do I reset this option for USB I need?

I went back and redid that, now I have USB 2 installed and verified. So I have the desk top win7 machine running QA40x just fine. However the Dell laptop win10 running QA40x v1.0696 recognizes and links to my QA400, it runs, read appears verify the signal in the left and right channels, but it won't read or log any data in the FFT. Desktop which works had QAs USB Driver 1.0.0.2, Dell Laptop which doesn't, QAs USB Driver 1.0.0.26.

Then in the VB-VM window I got the "Dink da-la-link" Rising higher pitched tones. the, "Da-la-la" falling tones, with Link LED - on. It still wont recognize any input from the device and show the USB: as Disconnected. Damn, I need this to work on my laptop and on my bench. It isn't worth upgrading to QA401 if they have the same issue and only run under VB-VM on a win10 machine.

Assistance requested please.

Well where else do I turn?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.