Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

HP8903 Audio Analyzer + Galvant GPIB-USB Setup
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th June 2019, 03:40 PM   #1
Aniol1349 is offline Aniol1349
diyAudio Member

Default HP8903 Audio Analyzer + Galvant GPIB-USB Setup

Hi guys,

I managed to get myself a HP8903 and I would like to use Pete Millett's software.

I'm struggling to get the whole thing working together, initially I was going to use the Python ver of the software but because I'm on Windows 10 I could not get this to work either.

I now managed to install the VEE RunTime 9.33 + IOLibrary

When I'm in IO Config the PC can't find the analyzer.
On the 8903 itself the "Remote" indicator is off. When connecting the USB the unit toggles but stays in local mode.

I would appriciate any help to get my setup working but at the moment it seems like the PC doesn't recognize the GPIB card.

Regards,
Hubert
Old 18th June 2019, 05:57 PM   #2
skidave is offline skidave  United States
diyAudio Member

Send me a PM with your email and I can share my setup document. It is more focused for Win XP and 7, but it applies similarly for Win 10.
Old 19th June 2019, 01:17 PM   #3
Aniol1349 is offline Aniol1349
diyAudio Member

Thank you David,

I had a look at the doc, however, the issue seems to be in my GPIB card/driver as both IO Config and Connection Expert does not recognize any connections.
The driver for my card is FTDI which auto installs when you plug the card for the first time.
I tried manually re-installing the driver but windows keep telling me I already have the best driver for it.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

HP8903 Audio Analyzer + Galvant GPIB-USB SetupHide this!Advertise here!