HP8903 Audio Analyzer + Galvant GPIB-USB Setup

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I managed to get myself a HP8903 and I would like to use Pete Millett's software.

I'm struggling to get the whole thing working together, initially I was going to use the Python ver of the software but because I'm on Windows 10 I could not get this to work either.

I now managed to install the VEE RunTime 9.33 + IOLibrary

When I'm in IO Config the PC can't find the analyzer.
On the 8903 itself the "Remote" indicator is off. When connecting the USB the unit toggles but stays in local mode.

I would appriciate any help to get my setup working but at the moment it seems like the PC doesn't recognize the GPIB card.

Regards,
Hubert

Thank you David,

I had a look at the doc, however, the issue seems to be in my GPIB card/driver as both IO Config and Connection Expert does not recognize any connections.
The driver for my card is FTDI which auto installs when you plug the card for the first time.
I tried manually re-installing the driver but windows keep telling me I already have the best driver for it.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.