Help me choose a linear actuator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! I want to put myself a linear actuator on the sliding gate to the cottage. I looked in the internet, there are a lot of offers and the prices are very different. Maybe there are people here who understand this and can advise me what type of actuator is better, manufacturer and where to buy? I will be very grateful.

I've been using stuff from CAME / BPT and the sliding gate was installed 20 years ago and is working fine. Well it needed a new board a couple of years ago, but the board is fine. It was a bad relay and I repaired it since they aren't cheap (60-80€).
I have a sliding gate, two swing gates & 2 garage doors at home.
All came in complete kits and were installed by me, except the supports on the gates in which I've asked for help in welding, but I've could have bolted them.
There is a distributor nearby and I can get a 40% price discount.
Also the older one was about 500€, but the newer ones You get now for half the price.
Beware of the cheap ones from hardware / construction stores. Ask for spare parts out of warranty.

Gate Automation | CAME UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.