Useful audio tubes from an HVS?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings,
I recently got ahold of a Keithley High Voltage Power Supply, Model 242.

Among other good tubes, (12AX7, 0B2), it has a good 8165 tube, 3B24W, 7235, 0G3 and 6X4.

Are any of these good for audio amplifier use?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Keithley HVS.jpg
    Keithley HVS.jpg
    753.3 KB · Views: 97
Well at least you can check the tubes on your still functioning curve tracer and see if they will hack it for OCD audio use.
It is a miserable waste of a nice piece of lab equipment though I accept money is money. If it was this side of the pond I'd take it at asking!

Okay, I understand that tube harvesting seems like blasphemy, so I'll look into buying some more tubes and keeping the HV power supply with the other two I have.

I also have an HP 711A with two 6L6GB tubes and a Fluke Model 408B HV power supply. They both work so well that I couldn't get rid of them or scavenge parts from them until they die. Shipping them from CA across the pond would cost more than they are worth.

OCD Audio is going to be the name of the next amp I make. Thank you for the suggestion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.