Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Current recommended USB sound cards for ADC and measurements?
Current recommended USB sound cards for ADC and measurements?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th March 2019, 12:05 PM   #71
mbrennwa is offline mbrennwa  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phofman View Post
mbrennwa, I agree entirely. My reply was to ... USB microphone input may imply a mono capture channel, many USB soundcards (as well as notebook internal ones) have it like that.
Aha, ok, yes, that's a valid point!
Old 16th March 2019, 03:50 PM   #72
johnc124 is offline johnc124  United States
diyAudio Member

I've actually gotten pretty good measurements with my Asus Xonar U7. I could post some measurements here if you're interested.

You could also do what I did: convince your employer that it's a good idea to buy an Audio Precision APx555, then shamelessly use it for your personal projects on nights and weekends...
Old 16th March 2019, 08:57 PM   #73
phofman is offline phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc124 View Post
I've actually gotten pretty good measurements with my Asus Xonar U7. I could post some measurements here if you're interested.
Very much, thanks a lot.

Quote:
You could also do what I did: convince your employer that it's a good idea to buy an Audio Precision APx555, then shamelessly use it for your personal projects on nights and weekends...
Do I understand correctly your employer is TI? I would expect there are a few APs in that company :-)
Old 16th March 2019, 09:17 PM   #74
johnc124 is offline johnc124  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phofman View Post
Very much, thanks a lot.

Do I understand correctly your employer is TI? I would expect there are a few APs in that company :-)
We have a lot of them here at the facility in Tucson, and even more in Dallas. But when we were developing the OPA1622 I made a convincing argument that the SYS-2722s that we had weren't good enough, and we needed the 555

Of course that AP has paid for itself many times over now, and was a great investment for the business.

Current recommended USB sound cards for ADC and measurements?Hide this!Advertise here!