eBay Transistor Tester

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Is there a simple circuit I could build to do that?

Short the g-s together, add a small series resistor to measure current, and a 9V battery source, or other power supply.

Attachments

• idss.gif
    idss.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 306
From what I have heard about other units it is as good as any others for all the usual components with the added remote control test facility. It has an internal battery that charges from a USB port. I tested it with inductors and capacitors with a HP 1313A LCR bridge for reference and it is accurate.

I have three TEKTRONIX CURVE TRACERS. They sell for $500 and up.
A good alternative is a HEATHKIT IT-3121 SEMICONDUCTOR CURVE TRACER with an old scope you can make many measurements similar to TEKTRONIX CURVE TRACERS.

The manual for HEATHKIT CURVE TRACER is excellent with all the info needed to make repairs and it has a troubleshooting guide. For maximum fun buy a non functional unit and enjoy the repair. It does not use any custom parts except the transformer.

https://www.nostalgickitscentral.com/heath/schematics/heathkit_schema_it3121.pdf

Heathkit Schematic and Manual Archive | Vintage Radio Info

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.