Power cord for HP 3400A AC meter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I seem to have lost the power cord for this and it uses one of the non standard oval type connectors. Anyone either have one, or know where to find one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Yes, Surplus Sales has them, but like everything else they have, it's silly money. I'd rather hard wire it than give those guys $25 plus shipping.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
This is the cord you are looking for. https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/429/17952 8 b1-1211654.pdf HP dropped it and switched to IEC connections in the 1960's. The pricing online is offensive BUT what is your time worth?

Volex seems to be the last known manufacturer of those cables but their part number doesn't work at their website. You may have no good choices.

I have an HP3403A that has not been calibrated in 29 years and meets spec. They are all really exceptional quality and worth the effort. Changing a power connector on those is NOT easy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.