Goodwill Instek digital oscilloscope

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
if you are in repair amp or tray to build nice amp and other like preamp ...you should have good oscope . digital oscilloscope can help see and studying on signal .we inject signal to input and see result on small color tft.
after buy new one you need time to learn how it works and how protect this oscop ?
i used gds-122 frome goodwill instek. 6 weeks before when i pushed power key ...i heard noise from inside and became hot:confused:
:eek:

Last edited:
good7.jpg

i disconnect battery as fast .
GWinstek-GDS-122-11027679-01.jpg

i found one 8 pin smd mosfet on goodwill oscope pcb.this is output of series regulator circuit .if this mosfet is damaged complete voltage of battery goes to 3.3 vcc line :eek:
there is no fuse and zener .

good8.jpg

ocp_standalone.png

please look at the circuit for ovp and protect other parts. 16 v zener can protect 12 v lin .
for saving 3.3 v ve can use 4.1 v zener .

Fpga_xilinx_spartan.jpg

goodwill used in gds-122 fpga ic from exlinx.
Spartan-6 FPGA DC Characteristics
Spartan-6 FPGA Data Sheet:
DC and Switching Characteristics

VCCINT Internal supply voltage relative to GND –0.5 to 1.32 V
VCCAUX Auxiliary supply voltage relative to GND –0.5 to 3.75 V
VCCO Output drivers supply voltage relative to GND –0.5 to 3.75 V
VBATT Key memory battery backup supply (LX75, LX75T, LX100, LX100T, LX150, and LX150T only) –0.5 to 4.05 V
VFS

after shorting mosfet in series regulator .... 7.5 v of battery damaged the fpga ic .....and getting hot very quickly.

Its toast and replacing it will be a major challenge without the special equipment needed.

thanks for replay but i am working in sony service and can replace this kind ic simply but good will never answer to me .i send this oscop to goodwill service center in my country .they can just changing battery:mad:
repair by component is true service .
there is risk for digital oscope after warranty period if buy from company like goodwill.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.