How to access E-MU 0404 USB S/PDIF & Toslink inputs and outputs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok I've got the analog input and outputs working on this box but the S/PDIF and Toslink IO alludes me but I found someone else with a similar problem as myself.

s/pdif out on Emu 0404 USB?? - Gearslutz Pro Audio Community

1) I'm getting digital audio from the computer into the 0404 via usb.

2) I can send this audio to my monitors via the analogue outputs.

3) I can hear this audio via the headphone out of the 0404

4) If I bring digital audio into the 0404 via the optical, I can send digital audio out from the 0404 via s/pdif coaxial

5) BUT, I cannot get digital audio into the 0404 via the USB and send it out via the s/pdif because of something that has to do with ASIO... am I right on this last point??

yep, all correct. the reason is that the main outs are outputs 1-2 and the spdif are outputs 3-4, and there's no way in the windows control panel to choose the 3-4 output pair. But a program that uses ASIO sees all 4 outputs, and you can tell it to go out the 3-4 output.

How to access channels 3-4 from windows ? Any way of remapping these to the normal channels or does the software specifically have to address these additional channels ?

Hi,

Same problem here and same solution (thanks to your post) :

in foobar ASIO DRIVERS :
ASIO E-MU 0404, click add new custom mappings
and move left and right channels from analog OUT to SPDIF OUT !

than select the new : ASIO : ASIO E-MU 0404 | USB - my channel mapping
as the output device.

thanks !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.