Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

DiAna, a software Distortion Analyzer
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th June 2018, 05:09 PM   #511
keantoken is offline keantoken  United States
diyAudio Member

For anyone struggling in Linux with WINE, here is what I've found:

1: It may be possible to use loopback mode if you install wineasio, but I haven't found a way to make it work. You can however load an input file.
2: All DLL overrides should be set to builtin (WINE default), especially comtl32. Otherwise the open file dialog fails. I suspect comdlg32 may be a valuable override but I haven't been able to test it due to bugs in WINE.
4: Don't click the fullscreen button. For some reason DiAna get buggy whenever you do. IF DiAna starts in fullscreen by default, unclick the fullscreen button and then do nothing but close DiAna. This will revert to unmaximized behavior.
Old 12th June 2018, 06:14 PM   #512
Edmond Stuart is offline Edmond Stuart  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Hi Kean,

In version 1.51.5 I've changed the code for full-screen a bit. Also you had troubles with simulation preferences. Please, would check if both of these bugs are gone by now?

Cheers, E.
Old 12th June 2018, 07:42 PM   #513
1audio is offline 1audio  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Stuart View Post
@Demian,

As for the calibration menu, the Apply button should only be enabled when another Channel is selected, a new variable is entered in the Frequency or Amplitude field or -provided the monitor function is started- a valid number in the DAC Voltage field. If the Apply button behaves differently, then something is totally wrong.

How about the other preference pages? No issues with the Apply button?

Cheers,
E.
The apply button seems to work in the other pages.

I'll dig deeper and get back to you.
Old 13th June 2018, 06:06 AM   #514
diyAudio Member

I found the key bug in the calibration- the entry must start with a number. If it starts with a decimal point the apply button never enables.

I did a few quick tests of the RTX calibration. Using a precision AC calibration source with ARTA displaying in dBFS 10.0000 V AC at 2.4 KHz registers -.02 dBFS at the input. That's pretty close. I'll check the specifics on DiAna but it seems there is something not matching.

It doesn't work with the EMU ASIO implementation or with the experimental implementation from QuantAsylum.
It does work with the Lynx L22 and RME 9632.
Old 13th June 2018, 10:45 AM   #515
diyAudio Member

Default Calibration

Hi Demian,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1audio View Post
I found the key bug in the calibration- the entry must start with a number. If it starts with a decimal point the apply button never enables.
That's easy to repair.
Quote:
I did a few quick tests of the RTX calibration. Using a precision AC calibration source with ARTA displaying in dBFS 10.0000 V AC at 2.4 KHz registers -.02 dBFS at the input. That's pretty close. I'll check the specifics on DiAna but it seems there is something not matching.
To figure out what's wrong you might try a "manual" calibration, see below.
Quote:
It doesn't work with the EMU ASIO implementation or with the experimental implementation from QuantAsylum.
It does work with the Lynx L22 and RME 9632.
Do you mean these sound cards doesn't work at all, or they has only issues with the calibration procedure?

Manual calibration:
In essence you can just put the full scale voltages of the ADC and DAC in the appropriate fields of the Sound card menu. If they are exactly known, it's an easy job and no further action is needed.

But to make sure if it really works that way, you may try the following:
Install a loop-back connection.
Select 10V on the RTX (I suppose this means 10Vrms at full scale, right?)
Set all calibration factors in the Sound card menu to 1.0
Set Amplitude in the Distortion menu to 0.5Vrms (or -6.02dBV). BTW, this corresponds with 70.71%FS (or -3.01dBFS).
Start the Monitor function
Now the DAC output voltage should be 5.0Vrms (otherwise something is wrong)
If okay, the DAC calibration factor is 5.0/0.5=10.0. Put this value in the DAC calibration fields, channel A, respectively channel B.

As for the ADC, look at the voltage displayed in the status bar (Vadc). If the RTX is correctly calibrated, this also should be 0.5Vrms and you can use the same factor for ADC calibration. If not equal, adjust the cal. factor by multiplying it by 0.5 / Vadc.

Cheers,
E.
Old 13th June 2018, 02:34 PM   #516
diyAudio Member

@Kean: The full screen mode will be replaced by a "full work area" mode. I hope this will remedy that weird bug under Wine.
@Demian: I think I've discovered an error with the amplitude units. So pleas wait with the "manual calibration" until a new version is ready.

Cheers,
E.
Old 13th June 2018, 07:21 PM   #517
diyAudio Member

Edmund-
The ASIO works with Lynx and RME. It doesn't work with EMU or the QuantAsylum. Something about unrecognized ASIO format. I'll capture the details if that will help.
Old 13th June 2018, 07:33 PM   #518
diyAudio Member

Sure, that will help. New version is ready. Will upload it in a quarter of an hour.

Cheers,
E.
Old 13th June 2018, 07:45 PM   #519
diyAudio Member

I was wondering if you changed something. The result was that fullscreen mode didn't work at all. I click the button and the window remains the same size, but it is in this buggy limbo between maximized and unmaximized. Then if I close it I get several popups about drawing errors. I can still resize the window by clicking the lower left corner.

Also sometimes the cursor will move to a different location after clicking a button. For instance when I click the fullscreen button the cursor will move to where the fullscreen button should be in the maximized window. Or when I click OK in the preferences window the cursor will appear back at the Preferences button.
Old 13th June 2018, 08:08 PM   #520
diyAudio Member

In V51.6, fullscreen seems to work better now than it did before V51.5.

DiAna, a software Distortion AnalyzerHide this!Advertise here!