power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Purchase, not build? Why did you purchase some to dismantle? It would probably be best to build than purchase. What did you learn from the ones that you took apart? What amplifiers are you working on? Get the idea? More questions than answers......to begin with anyway ;)

I purchased all adcom gfa535 and gfa2535--I built the linkwitz studio and that seemed the way to go for me. One thing has lead to another, got the electronics bug, and have been reading ever since. I grew up fixing autos,gutting houses, building things, as my dad was a mechanical engineer.I guess i was never exposed to electronics,but it's not hard,high, or heavy. I also found a link from a guy in canada who was rebuilding adcoms,and i studied what he was doing, plus the post on diy titled another adcom 555.I have also bought an oscilloscope, ready to buy solder removing gun, and trying to acquire the right stuff. Right now, i don't know if i should buy a variac, or a bench supply,therefor i came to the ask the one's that know! thanks for all considerations.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.