What tool do you wish you had bought sooner?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Those cheap wire strippers that are just a couple of pieces of black metal and yellow handles. You would not believe how much electronics work I had done stripping wire with knives or scissors.

Love my desoldering iron. I have a cheap one with a little rubber squeeze ball. Love it.

My table saw was a big step up. Gotta have it for speaker boxes and cutting aluminum sheet for enclosures.

I have had a Pace desoldering station now for over 30 years, but I do agree, it is probably the one tool I wish I had bought even earlier.

My pro wire strippers - field work, not a bench hot stripper - have been with me for decades as well, but I wish I had discovered them earlier

A 13-foot hose for my shop vacuum, purchased when the original 7-footer gave up the ghost.
Fully agreed.
An rechargeable LED headlamp.
If you mean the lamp you wear on your head, again, fully agreed.
A fiberglass scratch brush, wonderful for cleaning corrosion/oxidation from old parts prior to soldering.
And for reaching that spot between your shoulder blades when your wife, letter opener, or chop stick is nowhere to be found. :)

My table saw was a big step up. Gotta have it for speaker boxes and cutting aluminum sheet for enclosures.

And I thought I was the only one crazy enough to cut sheet aluminum on a table saw. My shop teacher about had a cow when I showed him these pictures.

Attachments

• DontDoThis_A.jpg
    DontDoThis_A.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 516
  • 5 tube amp_x.jpg
    5 tube amp_x.jpg
    657.9 KB · Views: 511
remember if he had all his fingers intact?

He was missing about 1/2 inch of his middle finger from a construction site accident when he was in high school in Kentucky.

I whacked a sliver off the end of my pinky trying to one hand a hedge trimmer while up on a ladder. It could have been worse, and most of it grew back.

a higher tooth count blade would have made a cleaner and safer cut

I had a better blade for the purpose, but it was an expensive blade for hardwood....I just decided to use the crummy blade that came with the saw.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.