Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

B&K 607 & 667 Testers, CHART of Unlisted
B&K 607 & 667 Testers, CHART of Unlisted
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th January 2017, 07:39 PM   #1
tricomp is offline tricomp  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Default B&K 607 & 667 Testers, CHART of Unlisted

Hi,

I have been compiling a rather comprehensive listing of tubes not found in the latest tube-chart I have for the B&K 607/667 Testers.
My B&K setup-chart # is 497-015-0-180 and I don't know exactly when that was published as it doesn't say in the booklet.
Living in Europe obviously I come across quite a variety of European tubes and some aren't listed by B&K.
I set about finding as many missing European & US tubes as possible and x-ref them to already listed European or US types to obtain setup-data.
As you will see it turned out to be quite many.
When direct x-ref wasn't possible I still listed the tubes but w/o the LOAD setting.
It will enable you to still test the tube to a degree and becomming familiar with using the 607/667 testers you'll soon recognize what LOAD-settings are sane and what aren't.

This list is for NON-Russian tubes but a Russian ditto is on the way and will be posted here as well.

The reason for doing this is that I'm very happy to be using the B&K testers. I have one of each, but they're really the same except for the case.
When they arrived I renovated them, replacing ALL resistors as they were out of range. Also the electrolytic cap's needed to go.
To finish renovating I bought a 100MOhm resistor to do the required calibration.

Now they're my favorite testers for catching faulty tubes showing grid-current/leak. To my knowledge no other testers are able to do this as well and when dealing with used tubes this is a must. I didn't anticipate that so many tubes would suffer from this problem but they do.

If you spot any errors in the list, and there is bound to be some or if you have any additions I'll be very happy to hear from you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 607_667_Unlisted_NON-RU.pdf (140.2 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by tricomp; 18th January 2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 23rd January 2017, 06:10 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Wow, I would have thought more people were using the B&K 607/667 testers.
Still, those who do knows what great emission testers they are.
Especially for detecting grid current/leak !
I'm attaching the latest chart, ver.1.3 which includes additions and corrections.
The bulk of compatible tubes are of course already in the chart and now finding more is a very tedious work.
Also I need to confirm settings by actual testing of NOS tube-samples on hand.
Some few are already done and more will follow.
Have a look at the new chart...

rgds,

/tricomp
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 607_667_Unlisted_NON-RU_v1.3.pdf (138.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 6th April 2017, 08:22 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

The chart grew extensively.
Now about 60 pages of setup-data for non-listed, non-Russian tubes.
As I have a lot of NOS German Steel Tubes, Socket Y8A (EF11 etc.) on hand I made an adapter for testing these as well.
An adapter for the European Side Contact Base P8A (EL6 etc.) will follow as I also have a stash of these tube variants.
A Rimlock B8A adapter (EL41 etc.) will surely be added too.
The B&K works just fine with the adapter-solution for testing real vintage tubes, but of course it should.
These tubes aren't any different from modern tubes save the sockets.

I'm impressed that the previous chart was only downloaded a single time.
I can't believe no-one knows about the B&K 607/667 testers.
If that's the case I can say that you don't know what you're missing !
This beauty will tell you about any potential grid leak problem way before any other emission tester imho.
And, ..now it has one of the most comprehensive additional setup-charts available for any emission-tester !!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 607_667_Unlisted_NON-RU_v1.5.pdf (224.9 KB, 17 views)
Old 6th December 2018, 04:32 PM   #4
doug694 is offline doug694
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I just got hold of one of these B&K testers so the table should come in handy. Thanks!

Is there a known set of errata/corrections for the original tube list that shipped with it?

B&K 607 & 667 Testers, CHART of UnlistedHide this!Advertise here!