B&K 607 & 667 Testers, CHART of Unlisted

Hi,

I have been compiling a rather comprehensive listing of tubes not found in the latest tube-chart I have for the B&K 607/667 Testers. My B&K setup-chart # is 497-015-0-180 and I don't know exactly when that was published as it doesn't say in the booklet. Living in Europe obviously I come across quite a variety of European tubes and some aren't listed by B&K. I set about finding as many missing European & US tubes as possible and x-ref them to already listed European or US types to obtain setup-data. As you will see it turned out to be quite many. When direct x-ref wasn't possible I still listed the tubes but w/o the LOAD setting. It will enable you to still test the tube to a degree and becomming familiar with using the 607/667 testers you'll soon recognize what LOAD-settings are sane and what aren't.

This list is for NON-Russian tubes but a Russian ditto is on the way and will be posted here as well.

The reason for doing this is that I'm very happy to be using the B&K testers. I have one of each, but they're really the same except for the case. When they arrived I renovated them, replacing ALL resistors as they were out of range. Also the electrolytic cap's needed to go. To finish renovating I bought a 100MOhm resistor to do the required calibration.

Now they're my favorite testers for catching faulty tubes showing grid-current/leak. To my knowledge no other testers are able to do this as well and when dealing with used tubes this is a must. I didn't anticipate that so many tubes would suffer from this problem but they do.

If you spot any errors in the list, and there is bound to be some or if you have any additions I'll be very happy to hear from you.

Wow, I would have thought more people were using the B&K 607/667 testers. Still, those who do knows what great emission testers they are. Especially for detecting grid current/leak ! I'm attaching the latest chart, ver.1.3 which includes additions and corrections. The bulk of compatible tubes are of course already in the chart and now finding more is a very tedious work. Also I need to confirm settings by actual testing of NOS tube-samples on hand. Some few are already done and more will follow. Have a look at the new chart...

rgds,

/tricomp

The chart grew extensively. Now about 60 pages of setup-data for non-listed, non-Russian tubes. As I have a lot of NOS German Steel Tubes, Socket Y8A (EF11 etc.) on hand I made an adapter for testing these as well. An adapter for the European Side Contact Base P8A (EL6 etc.) will follow as I also have a stash of these tube variants. A Rimlock B8A adapter (EL41 etc.) will surely be added too. The B&K works just fine with the adapter-solution for testing real vintage tubes, but of course it should. These tubes aren't any different from modern tubes save the sockets. I'm impressed that the previous chart was only downloaded a single time. I can't believe no-one knows about the B&K 607/667 testers. If that's the case I can say that you don't know what you're missing ! This beauty will tell you about any potential grid leak problem way before any other emission tester imho. And, ..now it has one of the most comprehensive additional setup-charts available for any emission-tester !!

Attachments

• 607_667_Unlisted_NON-RU.pdf
    140.2 KB · Views: 313
  • 607_667_Unlisted_NON-RU_v1.3.pdf
    138.4 KB · Views: 230
  • 607_667_Unlisted_NON-RU_v1.5.pdf
    224.9 KB · Views: 292
Many thanks for the additional tube details. ...found a nice BK 667 in excellent shape. Very happy with it. Very easy to service or re-calibrate, when required. Takes up little shop counter space compared to those other test "monsters". Learning curve on this thing was like nil. :)

Thanks

I’ve just got a 607 and it is fantastic- it’s really simple to use and your extra tube data has really helped me to test a few without data. I have a subs book but some are missing data even though listed. I’d love the Russian tube data - I have 6n2 tubes in my amp but no data for those - tried to find the correct settings but not brilliant outcomes. How do you actually work out the settings!

KT120 tubes

@tricomp, Thank you for all your time and effort in compiling the additional tube testing info. I recently purchased a B&K model 667 tube tester. I have been trying to figure out how to test KT120 tube. AS this model is circa 1974 and the KT120 are circa 2010, naturally they are not listed. Any idea of where/how to obtain testing info.? :confused:

Thanks...

The list grew a lot bigger and has now details for making more socket adapters for testing European tubes.
A work in progress even if it does move slowly.
The attached listing was made in 2018 and not much have been done since.
However, the project still lives, so keep an eye out for future updates.

rgds,

/tricomp

Attachments

• 607_667_Unlisted_CHART__NON-RU__grid_Header_.pdf
    332 KB · Views: 123