Autoranger for soundcards

I've never heard of Transferwise. I checked it out and it seems like a good reasonably priced service for sure. Of course Paypal was at one time reasonable too, in fact it was a free money transfer service if you were using cash and not a credit card back like 15 - 16 years ago. Then once they had a large audience hooked they began running the prices up. I hate to be the pessimist but I'm sure Transferwise will do the same thing...

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
All this ordering is lot of work isn't?

I spent four hours ordering for just one svo.

These projects are almost like a day job. There's something to take care of every day it seems.

Just today (Sunday morning) I set up the list of test points and values to measure for the testing of the attenuator boards after they have been stuffed with the precision SMD parts. They will test before packing and shipping to me.

Spend some time calculating the tolerance that is acceptable; probably their resistance meter has more tolerance than the 0.1% chains on the board and I want to catch the errors but not get a lot of (expensive) false negatives.

Jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Update:

Parts and units for kits start to flow in. I have received: all cases, mounting hardware, all SilentSwitchers, the front panel PCBs, and the microcontrollers to be programmed. Awaiting the main attenuator boards with the pre-mounted precision components. We're getting there!

Jan

Attachments

• parts-1.JPG
    parts-1.JPG
    902.2 KB · Views: 659
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Today I got two pre-production attenuator boards with the precision attenuator SMD parts pre-mounted., popultaled one fully, and switched it on. Just worked. Boring ;-)

See attached pictures. Now you know why I insist on pre-mounted SMD, fully tested by the factory. :cool:

Jan

Attachments

• ar atten smd.jpg
    ar atten smd.jpg
    636.3 KB · Views: 509
  • ar atten full.jpg
    ar atten full.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 512