Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

LinearX LMS rig
LinearX LMS rig
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th April 2016, 12:36 PM   #1
JHCain is offline JHCain
diyAudio Member

Default LinearX LMS rig

Going through my basement, preparing to move, I came across an old friend - my LinearX LMS board. Anyone have any experience using these with one of the ISA / USB type adapter, or any other way to get it operational? My ISA bus machine is long gone.

I'd imagine the value of the thing is nearly zero, since it's unuseable withouta really old PC to run it on, so I'd like to figure out if it's even possible to get it fired up again.

Thanks!
Old 6th May 2016, 03:23 AM   #2
Hogwild is offline Hogwild  Canada
diyAudio Member

I don't anything about that kind of test equipment. But I have seen ISA-to-PCI adapters for sale on the Web. Have you considered one of those?

IS the thing modern enough to be worth it? What kind of software does it run?
Old 11th May 2016, 12:25 PM   #3
RNMarsh is offline RNMarsh  United States
diyAudio Member

I have same LinearX LMS board and cant use it without old box computer. But it was/is powerful equipment. Would like to know also how to use it again.

-RNM
Old 11th May 2016, 12:33 PM   #4
JHCain is offline JHCain
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogwild View Post
I don't anything about that kind of test equipment. But I have seen ISA-to-PCI adapters for sale on the Web. Have you considered one of those?

IS the thing modern enough to be worth it? What kind of software does it run?
It's not modern, but it's quite powerful. The software suite is unique to the board. I'm going to research some adapters, and see if I can get it back up and running. Will report progress.
Old 11th May 2016, 01:06 PM   #5
Michael Chua is offline Michael Chua  United States
diyAudio Member

I am still using it. You'll need a vintage motherboard, something like an INTEL 440BX. These are the ones with ISA slots. CPU can be Pentium 2 or 3.

Another component that is often overlooked is the PSU. Modern PSU won't work. Look for the 20 pin ATX PSU where there's a -5V for the ISA slot.
Attached Images
File Type: gif 830869 GRAPHS_7g.gif (17.7 KB, 67 views)
File Type: gif 830869 TS_7g.gif (13.7 KB, 61 views)

LinearX LMS rigHide this!Advertise here!